M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for an Apache Mechanic to join our team.
Based in Illesheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as an Apache Mechanic, working in an exciting environment.
Knowledge and Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfil each of the following essential duties:
- You must have minimum 3 years’ experience working on the desired aircraft.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory and a thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometres, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Working knowledge of technical publications and logistics information systems.
- Able to prioritise workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and the ability to lead teams through complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
- Possess the level of experience to inspect all required aeronautical type maintenance performed by mechanics.
- The post holder will receive technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- 12 month rolling contracts.
- 48-hour working week Monday-Friday.
- Weekly pay is extremely competitive.
- Sourced accommodation.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- All tools will be included on this contract.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*The deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.