Our client requires an Electrical DA to lead the Electrical/Electronic design acceptance activity on a major Armoured Fighting Vehicle programme.
Reporting directly to the Project Chief Engineer, you will be customer facing and demand the credibility to sell off Electrical/Electronic Architecture against first the Sub-System and then System level requirements. This will demand experience of working within the Def Stan 61-5 Part 6 and IEC61508, to gain full functional safety accreditation.
• Hardware electrical power and circuit protection design experience
• Demonstrable implementation experience of power and control strategies
• Electrical/Electronics design and experience of low voltage (DC) high current power distribution.
• Distributed control and Interface experience.
• Working at system level, with suppliers/customers both internal and external.
• Able to work at unit level, with ability to understand and develop detailed technical trades.
• Product Development Process awareness
• Knowledge of hardware and bus protocols including: CAN, SSI, RS422, IBIS, Ethernet, 1553
• Use and selection of motor technologies and drive solutions
• Saber RD simulation experience.
• Experience with Def Stan 61-5 part 6.
• Practical electrical installation, harness and busbar design experience.
• Prior ground vehicle design, integration and field trial experience.
• Practical past experience with 28V vehicle power generation and distribution system.
• Knowledge of EMC, and power system design to minimise signatures (Electric and Magnetic field).
• Experience of working in a structured development process environment.
• Knowledge of EMC
• Ability to support and manage aspects of assembly, integration and test.
• Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout.
• Awareness of MISRA, DO-178C and IEC61508 design. Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).