M&E Global Resources is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Based in Saudi Arabia, you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a naval ship.
Prior electrical engineering experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as an electrical engineer working on a diverse range of equipment in an exciting environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to fulfil each of the following essential duties:
- Maintain and upkeep of eletrical systems.
- Install electrical systems on new bespoke equipment.
- Test and verify installations.
- Complete reports and keep maintenance schedules up to date.
- Install temporary/new or upgraded equipment onto assets when required to high standard as per compliant regulations.
- Carry out fault finding on electrical systems and complete effective diagnosis or repair work to ensure equipment is operational.
- Removal of ship wires and rewiring of some of the ships electrical systems.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled electrical maintenance.
- Perform organisation and intermediate level maintenance on switchboards, circuit and complete rewiring of ship components.
- Operate and maintain non-tactical electrical systems.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following personal requirements:
- Approved electrical apprenticeship, NVQ level 3 electrical engineering or City & Guilds level 3 electrotechnical studies.
- Experience of 3 phase systems and motors/generators.
- Experience with carrying out maintenance activities on electrical equipment.
- U.S. Military or equivalent offshore experience required.
- Candidate must travel internationally.
- Strong knowledge of heavy industry or marine background.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Required to sit at times, use hand to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Ability to work in arduous circumstances aboard foreign ships and shore-based industrial worksites.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Accommodation and meals provided.
- Travel provided.
- Transport provided.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £150 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.