M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Heavy Equipment Operator – RTCH to join our team.
Based in Dulmen, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior experience of Heavy Equipment Operating will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Heavy Equipment Operator in an exciting environment, you’ll also build experience on a diverse range of US Military databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to fulfil each essential duty:
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on equipment and generate a DA Form 2404 (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet), reporting any faults.
- Be able to drive and operate equipment on site, having undertaken the appropriate familiarisation training.
- Load and transport large materials and containers from one location to another.
- Follow the proper safety procedures in order to minimise any danger to yourself or other workers and to ensure no damage to equipment being operated or moved.
- Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
- Drive equipment onto train carriages under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
- Be able to deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) to other work sites.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay
- Weekly living allowance
- £250 towards you travel to Germany
- Working hours Monday to Friday
- Progression and opportunities for promotion to lead mechanic or inspector
- Training given to enhance your skillset
- Assistance with finding accommodation
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £150 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.