M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Labourer to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a labourer, working in an exciting environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to fulfil each essential duty:
- Cut grass, using walking-type or riding mowers, trim hedges and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and wells, using hedge trimmers, clippers and edging tools, prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using shears and other hand tools, sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertiliser or insecticide.
- Planting grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs, water lawn and shrubs during dry periods, using hose or activating sprinkler system.
- Pick up and burn or cart away leaves, paper or other litter.
- Remove snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower, spread salt on walkways and other areas.
- Repair and paint fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
- Assist in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment.
- Scrub and disinfect toilets, urinals, drinking fountains, toilet doors, and other bathroom fixtures daily.
- Clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, removing trash, mopping and polishing.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- 48 working hours Monday to Friday with weekends free.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Progression and opportunities for promotion.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.