M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Movement Control Driver to join our team.
As a Movement Control Driver you will be required to perform as a driver for various US army vehicles that transport personnel and or cargap
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Movement Control Driver, working in an exciting environment.
Knowledge and Skills Required
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to fulfil each of the following essential duties:
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on equipment and generate a DA Form 2404 (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet).
- Stage and prepare vehicles in current and future Unit Identification Code (UIC) parking/staging plans.
- Drive and operate the equipment on site.
- Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
- Comply with all current driving laws and regulations.
- Drive equipment to staging areas as designated.
- Drive equipment onto train carriages under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
- When required, deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) team to other work sites.
- Drive trucks to destination for pickup and delivery based on instructions or directions received.
- Secure loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged loads arrive at destination.
- Assist in loading and unloading of material transported.
- Be utilised as a crossing guard for inbound/outbound trains after training.
- Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report, ensuring times are accurate.
- Follow all safety procedures.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive weekly rates of pay.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Shift work, weekends, mandatory overtime (with proper notice given) and cross-training can be required in order to meet daily/weekly workload requirements.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.