Navigation Systems Engineer
Our client is a prime contractor and supplier to the UK MoD, developing, supplying and servicing a range of navigational products including tailored and integrated navigation systems for yachts, commercial ships and naval ships and submarines. They are a leader in innovation providing state of the arts systems and employee over 50,000 people.
The Navigation Systems Engineer will be based in the south of England and your main duties are outlined as follows:
- Maintain knowledge of existing products and systems to a high level; able to set work, commission, diagnose, maintain and repair Navigation Systems.
- Produce technical documentation including interface documents, requirements documents, SoW, technical descriptions, verification and validation, test documents.
- Project Engineering: where necessary support RAN programme managers on UK programmes with engineering support.
- Service Engineering: where necessary perform installation, setting to work, commissioning, service, maintenance and repair tasks, sometimes at short notice.
- Provide telephone and e-mail technical support to customers and service partners.
- Responsible for customer data contained within databases and filing systems.
- Manage records of and repair, or arrange for the repair of customer returned items in a timely manner and ensure that customer goods are well looked after and that the customer is kept informed.
- Document all service activities as detailed in quality procedures, including Helpdesk calls, Site Reports, Defect Reports, Delivery Notes and Job Cards.
- Carry out operator and maintenance training when required.
- Maintain Offshore Survival and medical certificates.
- Line management for service engineers.
- Clearance: SC
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge and systems engineering experience of marine electronics systems including radar systems, Electronic chart systems, Navigation aids and steering control systems.
- Experience in building, configuring and fault diagnosis of PC based systems and networking required.
- Must be prepared to work on offshore oil installations or go to sea on commercial or military vessels for short periods and to travel within the UK and abroad at short notice.
- Must have a driving licence and passport.
- Will be required to pass an Offshore Medical and Survival Course.
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD SC level clearance.