M&E Global Resources is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Pipefitter to join our team.
Based in Saudi Arabia, you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a naval ship.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a pipefitter working on a diverse range of equipment in an exciting environment.
To be considered for this role you must be time served and able to provide apprenticeship papers, City and Guilds or NVQ certificate. In addition to this, experience in pipefitting in the marine, off-shore or heavy industrial industries is also required.
Essential duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to fulfil each of the following essential duties:
- Install, maintain and repair valves, plumbing fitting and fixtures, piping and marine sanitation systems.
- Repair decks, structures and hulls by welding, brazing, riveting and caulking.
- Inspect and test welds and other shipboard structures.
- Operate radiological, ultrasonic and magnetic particle testing equipment.
- Heat treats and craft with metals such as aluminium, steel, copper, brass and iron.
- Pipe cutting and assembly.
- Enforce safety and security procedures.
- Prepare records and reports.
Personnel are required to be qualified in installing MAF fittings, providing technical expertise and supporting on the following:
- SW supply piping will be prepped and capped off.
- SW discharge piping will be prepped and capped off.
- Install CW cooling piping.
- Install flow meters.
- Assemble flexible hoses.
- Make CW pipe deck holes.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Accommodation and meals provided.
- Travel provided.
- Transport provided.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £150 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.