Our client is looking for a Safety Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
Reviews product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and
operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems. Independently analyzes and
recommends safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate
hazards. Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range
requirements. Performs audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of system safety program.
Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in
identification of causes and corrective actions. Evaluates the interrelationship of system safety
requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
• Proven experience in a safety-associated role, preferably in a defence related industry. That experience to include the determination and allocation of SILs.
• Detailed understanding and experience of UK, US and EEC Safety Legislation.
• Fully familiar with the relevant Joint Service Publications and Defence Standards associated with safety assessment of defence equipment.
• Experience with IT based toolsets common to the system safety discipline.
• Competent in the use of MS-Office applications.
• The role will require the candidate to have good verbal and written skills.
• Implementation of IEC61508.
• Experience in the safety management of OME products.
• Working knowledge and understanding of the UK MoD Design Certification and clearance process.
• Professionally Registered ideally at Chartered Status