Our client is looking for a Senior Safety Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
• Evolve / review safety designs for products, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishment of safety requirements for assigned systems
• Experience of Ordnance
• Focus on directing members of the team to meet critical schedules, resolution of complex technical and operational performance problems.
• Participation within projects in establishing the content and degree of support required for each Project.
• Development of acceptable risk criteria from first principles
• Development of Independent analysis and mitigation identification to control or eliminate hazards
• Development of definition and deliver hazard identification and hazard analysis requirements using appropriate hazard analysis types and techniques
• Development and delivery of appropriate ALARP strategies
• Development and delivery of safety management of potentially hazardous trials
• development and delivery of safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements
• Participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions
• Evaluate the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost-effective program
• Proven experience in a safety-associated role, preferably in a defence related industry. That experience to include the determination and allocation of SILs.
• Detailed understanding and experience of UK, US and EEC Safety Legislation.
• Fully familiar with the relevant Joint Service Publications and Defence Standards associated with safety assessment of defence equipment.
• Experience with IT based toolsets common to the system safety discipline.
• Competent in the use of MS-Office applications.
• The role will require the candidate to have good verbal and written skills.