Our client requires Test Engineers to join their busy team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following;
Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
The Test Engineer will be part of a wider Test Team who are responsible for the design, implementation and execution of Functional, Electrical and Electronic Tests on the qualification programmes for Internally Designed Products and the creation of Qualification Test Equipment.
• Experience in Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment Specification, Design and Operation.
• Experience in test design and creation of detailed test procedures.
• Experience of test techniques used on Analogue, Digital, Optical, Data Communications.
• Good Communication Skills, both verbal and written.
• Good problem solving skills and ability to contribute positively to engineering investigations.
• Understanding of the systems design process and best practices necessary to support this process.
• Knowledge of DefStan 61-5, DefStan 59-411.
• Ability to make technical decisions and lead other engineering staff in their duties.