M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Mechanic to join our team.
Based in Hohenfels, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Vehicle Mechanic, working in an exciting environment.
You will be responsible for maintenance of US Military vehicles such as Humvees, Hemmets, 5 Tonne Trucks, MRAPS and many more.
You will need a C or C + E license for this contract so please let us know if you do not have this license as we may have other suitable contracts available for you.
General job description
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to fulfil each essential duty:
- Diagnose system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using technical manuals.
- Inspect, repair, and replace components, engines, transmissions, and sub-assemblies.
- Identify parts in repair manuals and place order requests for needed parts.
- Perform annual services on equipment fleet.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our recruiters will be happy to discuss the deployment package in more detail. Here is a general outline:
- Extremely competitive weekly rates of pay.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Progression and opportunities for promotion to lead mechanic or inspector.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.