M&E Global Resources is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a 4G Welder to join our team.
Based in Saudi Arabia, you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on naval ship projects, predominantly older vessels.
Prior welding experience will be required, must be time served and able to provide apprenticeship papers, City and Guilds or NVQ level 3 in fabrication & welding/plating & welding certificates.
Essential duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to fulfil each of the following essential duties:
Provide ship fitting/welding support for deck repair(s). Follow the key plan drawings for the vessels. Repair specifications have been deemed similar to the other ships. Tasks include:
- Replace the decking with new steel plates, including decking under CIWS mount not exceeding 250 Sq. Ft per ship, which consists of mild steel, ¼”, and 10.2# plate.
- If required, replace I-beam support that is installed under the decking.
- Safety and the protection of life is paramount and shall take precedence over all work described herein.
In addition to this you’ll be required to:
- Repair decks, structures and hulls by welding, brazing, riveting and caulking.
- Inspect and test welds and other shipboard structures.
- Enforce safety and security procedures.
- Prepare records and reports.
- Complete all related maintenance forms, logs, records and reports.
- Weld components in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
- Operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Mig/Tig/Arc welding with the ability to read engineering drawings.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Accommodation, travel, transport and meals provided.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £150 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.