M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Welder to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior welding experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Welder, working on a diverse range of military equipment in an exciting environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to fulfil each essential duty:
- Weld equipment and perform fabricating, fitting, sheet metal installation, vehicular body work, and some machinist work to meet specifications and required standards.
- Weld metal parts together using gas welding, brazing, or any combination of arc welding processes.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and increase size of metal parts.
- Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Prepare equipment for painting.
- Locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads, using inspection equipment and gas torch.
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding, wash rack detail, and tire shop assignments.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.