M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Fuel Distribution System Operator to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior ADR or Fuelling experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Fuel Distribution System Operator, working in a diverse and exciting environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Fuel Distribution System Operator receives, stores, transfers, and issues fuel through pipelines at main line or terminal stations, receives fuel by tanker, ships fuel by pipeline, tank, car, tank truck, and barge, prepares and checks receiving or shipping documents, connects lines, grounding wires, and loading and offloading arms or hoses to pipelines; and visually inspects samples of fuel, and checks gravity and flashpoint.
- This operator gauges tanks for water, temperature, and fuel levels, checks pumping systems for correct operating pressure or unusual noises, performs preventive maintenance and repairs on terminal systems, assists in maintenance of government-owned railroad loading and switch area, performs general housekeeping and grounds maintenance for terminal, pipeline and dock areas.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Progression and opportunities for promotion to lead mechanic or inspector.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £150 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.