M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Fuel Distribution System Operator to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior ADR or Fuelling experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Fuel Distribution System Operator, working in a diverse and exciting environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfil each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure all equipment requiring ADR paperwork has it before travel.
- Carry out inspections of the fuel tank interior, exterior, hydraulic pressure tests, leak-proof tests, inspects the frame or other structural equipment of portable tanks and tank containers as per ADR 2017.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on equipment and generate a DA Form 2404 (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet) and reports any faults.
- Be able to drive and operate the equipment on site.
- Follow the proper safety procedures to minimise any danger to themselves or other workers.
- Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
- Comply with all current driving laws and regulations.
- Check loading of the vehicle and ensure that the load is correctly positioned, and the vehicle is not overloaded.
- Drive equipment to staging areas as designated.
- Drive equipment onto train carriages under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
- Be able to deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) team to other work sites.
- Shift work, weekends, mandatory overtime (with proper notice given) and cross-training can be required to meet daily/weekly workload requirements.
- Drive trucks to destination for pickup and delivery based on instructions or directions received, and by using maps or Satellite Navigation (SAT NAV).
- Secure loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged loads at destination.
- Report and receive direction via radio or cellular phone.
- Assist in loading and unloading of material transported.
- Be utilised as a crossing guard for inbound/outbound trains after training.
- Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.