M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a HGV Mechanic to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
Prior HGV Mechanic experience will be required, although additional training will be provided on site.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a HGV Mechanic, servicing and maintaining military equipment from generators to state-of-the-art main battle tanks in an exciting environment.
General job description
- Diagnose system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using technical manuals.
- Inspect, repair, and replace components, engines, transmissions, and sub-assemblies.
- Identify parts in repair manuals and places order request for needed parts.
- Perform annual services on equipment fleet.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Progression and opportunities for promotion.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.