M&E Global is a defence contractor undertaking services on complex military equipment and aircraft for UK and US contractors. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Forklift Operator to join our team.
Based in Mannheim, Germany you’ll get to work alongside our dedicated workforce on a US Military base.
This role is a fantastic chance for you to further develop your skills as a Forklift Operator, working in an exciting environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfil each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Be able to drive and operate forklift equipment on site and Military training areas having undertaken the appropriate familiarisation training.
- Load/unload and transport materials and containers from one location to another using a forklift.
- Follow the proper safety procedures in order to minimise any danger to themselves or other workers and to ensure no damage to equipment being operated or moved.
- Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
- Load/unload containers and equipment from rail cars under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
- Drive equipment onto train carriages under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
- Be able to deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) team on missions and to other work sites.
- Shift work, weekends, mandatory overtime (with proper notice given) and cross-training can be required in order to meet daily/weekly workload requirements.
- Report and receive direction via radio or cellular phone.
- Assist in loading and unloading of material transported.
- Be utilised as a crossing guard for inbound/outbound trains after training.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on equipment and generates a DA Form 2404 (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet) and report any faults.
- Will be required to perform the regular duties of a Warehouse Worker, when not operating a Forklift.
- Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
Deployment package and additional benefits
Our recruitment team will be happy to discuss the deployment package and additional benefits in more detail. Here is a general outline*:
- Extremely competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly living allowance.
- £250 towards you travelling to Germany.
- Working hours Monday to Friday.
- Paid holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Training given to enhance your skillset.
- Assistance with finding accommodation.
This is a great opportunity to work overseas, continue a career in contracting or experience it for the first time.
We also have a GMBH contract with Euro pay rates, for more information on this please ask and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
Do you know someone who would be suitable for this role? We offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone you refer to this contract that we hire. They must be a new referral, previously unknown to us and complete 12 weeks work on contract.
*Please note, the deployment package varies from role to role and will depend on your current circumstances.